Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Comparison: MAC Mineralize Satinfinish vs. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation

Today, I bought a MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in NC42 (my shade) hoping it would be a great base for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, but I am not liking it that much. I have reasons why....


The Packaging:


Pros: The pump bottle. It's easier to use.
 


Now, a comparison between my favorite Studio Fix Fluid and Mineralize Satinfinish:

Excuse my dry hand, just finished washing the dishes ;)


What can you see in the above picture? 

Two totally different "finish", of course. I never read the description of Mineralize Satinfinish. I just went straight to the store and bought it. You know when you like something, you just tend to ignore all the labels and go for it? Just like dating! :) 
And oh, Mineralize Satinfinish NC42 is darker than Studio Fix NC42.


What is MAC Mineralize Satinfinish?

"A fluid foundation that blends the natural light-reflecting properties of micro-minerals with a smooth satin finish. Provides a low-to-medium buildable coverage with a slightly luminous look. Contains antioxidants vitamins C and E. Provides everyday SPF 15 sun protection. Long-wearing. Suitable for normal-dry skins."


The description is perfect. It wasn't the product. It was me. The word "Mineral" made me buy this foundation. I never read the description in the first place. I bought this Mineralize Satinfinish simply because I love my Mineralize Skinfinish powder. I thought the "finish" would be similar, but those two items are not even comparable. 
 The Mineralize powder doesn't even have tiny particles that make me "glow". I felt like one of the Cullen clan when I had Mineralize Satinfinish foundation on my face. Ha! Ha! I hated it! I felt so..shiny, even after I set it with a powder. Oh well. 

I wish the Mineralize Satinfinish were like Studio Fix foundation. Absorbs and disperses oil, with a natural matte finish. I really love Studio Fix. It gives me a perfect coverage. Mineralize Satinfinish is for normal-dry skin, and my skin is oily and acne prone. Of course it makes me even shinier as it provides moisture. Note: I hate oily T-Zone!

Mineralize Satinfinish foundation might be perfect for you if your skin is dry, and if you are looking for a sheen or dewy look. Also, this kind of finish is suitable for night events: club and party. I looked horrible in a natural sunlight. So unnatural. I don't like shiny or sparkly face unless I am Alice Cullen. ;) My foundation has to be matte-finish & oil absorbing...so I am returning this tomorrow.


X.O.X.O
Rinz

No comments:

Post a Comment