Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Origins Zero Oil Toner and Moisturizer Review - For Oily Skin ladies out there!

I've been searching for a holy grail product that could reduce oil productions (as if) since having oily skin is a curse to me. I hate it. I don't like looking greasy even though people say that a natural oil helps us aging gracefully. Hmmm, no, thank you. I want a normal skin. Better yet, a dry skin! I don't want to blot my face every hour or so. Oily skin doesn't help in makeup application, and the worst part is that oily skin can leads to acne. Actually, I was having skin problems for a while until I was put on acutane for 6 months. That medicine literally saved my life. There was no other product in the market that could help cystic acne, not even Proactive, and I had tried everything. Acutane is somewhat a dangerous drug, and I got to be monitored every month while I was on it. I was lucky not to have bad side effects like depressions and bone problems. Well, that bad skin chapter was over, and now I am looking for something that could help mattifying my oily skin, besides following this advise from eHow.com.


Instructions




things you'll need:

  • Clay based facial mask
  • Oil free water based moisturizer
  • T-zone mattifier
  • Mineral finishing powder
  •  
  • Start off by using a clay based mask to mattify oily skin. Apply a thin layer of a prefered clay based facial mask and wait for it to dry. Wash it off. Natural clays such as kaolin and Umbrian clay have superior oil absorbing capacities. Additional herbal extracts added to these masks like algae, lavender, nettles, and olive leaf extracts help in calming facial skin to acheive a fresh and radiant surface.
  • Use a water based mattifier on the t-zone if skin is super oily. The skin on the nose, forehead, and chin, also refered as the t-zone, especially are crowded with sebum producing glands and are prone to looking oilier than the rest of the face.
  • Use an oil free moisturizer with sunscreen to hydrate and protect face without making it looking oily. Look for ingredients such as olive based squalene, jojoba leaf, aloe vera, algae and other marine ingredients in the moisturizer. These moisturizers create a radiant matte finish without clogging pores.
  • Avoid mattifying products that are solely based on silicones, commonly used in mattifying products and makeup primers that promise to make pores look smaller. While these products create a smooth surface temporarily, they can clog pores and cause blackheads and acne in the long run.
  • Apply a layer of mineral finishing powder as the final touch to reduce shine on your face. While there are a ton of mattifying powders available in the cosmetic counters of department stores, look for powders that are mineral based. Use a superfine powder that is lightweight, sheer, and doesen't clog pores.
     
Okay, these steps are not that hard. Really. But I hate doing steps, so I went out and got these two items!



Origins Zero Oil : Oil Free Moisture Lotion and Pore Purifying Toner

Review: I can't say that they are helping in reducing oil or prevent oil production, what so ever. As a matter of fact, the lotion makes matters worse. I reach for blot tissues more than usual each time I use this lotion. I can say every half an hour or so. The toner on the other hand has "Salicylic Acid", an antiseptic that prevents breakouts and redness. This one ingredient is definitely a plus! It does keep the tiny zits under control. However, I don't think it reduces any grease or oil on my face. Oh well. I am still using these two products, but only at night. I am sure some people might love these products but, they are definitely not for me.

So, if any of you use a special product that helps controlling oil production, please share in the comment below. I am looking forward to try a new product!

X.O.X.O

Rinz

No comments:

Post a Comment