Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Music Feature: Supercell

Taking a break from j idols, today I'm going to cover a group I just recently got into: Supercell.

Supercell is composed of 11 members, and was started by Ryo, who writes all of the lyrics and music.

Supercell started out posting videos on Nico Nico Douga using Hatsune Miku, a voice synthesizing program that lets you use Miku's voice to produce music. I'm sure all of you have heard of Vocaloids, they are quite popular. The group eventually made their debut album in 2009 (under a record company) using Hatsune Miku. Their self titled album (Supercell) did extremely well on the charts. The very famous Vocaloid songs like Love is War, melt, and World is Mine were all written by Ryo and included on this album.

In 2009, the group had their first single: Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari. An actual human singer provided the vocals: Yanagi Nagi.



Supercell actually isn't a physical group where members are present in the PV or music video. The members do illustrations, music, support, etc. The people you see in the PV's are actors or are drawn and animated by the Supercell team.


The group continued to make more releases, using Nagi's vocals.

2010 Sakura Memories


 2010 Utakata Hanabi /Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni



2011 Today is a Beautiful Day There are too many songs on this album, so I'll just post a few.

Perfect Day

 
Feel So Good
 Hero

 Owari he Mukau hajimari no Uta

   
LOVE & ROLL
 
Watashi e 
 Yoru ga Akeru no

2011 My Dearest
My Dearest is Supercell's 4th single. Nagi no longer provides the vocals for Supercell. Instead, My Dearest is sung by Koeda (15). Another girl, Chelly (17) also provides the vocals for Supercell once Nagi left.



2011 Departures ~Anata ni Okuru Ai no Uta~ Sung by Chelly (I cannot find a non cover version of this song on youtube so this video is a cover, it is not chelly singing.)



When I heard Nagi was leaving, I was kind of upset. She has a beautiful voice. In 2012, she is making her debut single. But I think I will come to love Chelly and Koeda too. Chelly has a breathtaking voice, and Koeda's voice is very unique and it's nice to listen to it.

The group has 2 more singles planned in 2012.










No comments:

Post a Comment