Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, July 17, 2011

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes.



What is the best way to clean your makeup brushes? 

Well, in the past, I used MAC Brush Cleanser to clean all my makeup brushes, and you know at the end it got super expensive. One bottle costs me $12 and I have a lot of brushes. Imagine spending money on 2 bottles a month! I'd rather spend that amount of money on eyeshadows and lipsticks. :) Besides, the bottle is rather small. So then I started using baby shampoo and I didn't like it at all. I thought it was a waste! Finally after months using baby shampoo, I figured out the most efficient and cheaper alternative to clean these dirty makeup brushes.


My Method of Cleaning Dirty Brushes:  

The Ivory Soap Way


As you can see in the picture above, I just swirl the dirty brush on the wet soap. I let the soap lathers and swirl, swirl, swirl! I will keep on doing this until the makeup stain on/inside the brush disappears. Rinse the brush thoroughly, remove excess water with a clean paper towel, spray with a bit of alcohol and voila! The brush is now clean and disinfect. Just dry the brushes overnight and the next day, they are ready to be used again. Just so you guys know, I have been using this method for almost 3 years. So far so good. I don't see any difference between using an expensive cleanser and Ivory soap. Ivory soap is very gentle and it doesn't ruin my brushes at all. It cost only $1.80 and lasts for months!

Well, that's my method, so what's yours? Please share!

X.O.X.O


No comments:

Post a Comment